Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Recipes for Children

With two small children at home, I always find myself short on time and perpetually behind schedule, to top it off I am plagued with feelings of guilt and anxiety when it comes to providing healthy food options to my kids- a natural consequence of being a mother, so I'm told. If your children are anything like mine, they thrive on variety. Serve the same dinner that you fed them the night before, and it will undoubtedly end up anywhere except in their mouth.


I remember when my first child began his epic transition to table foods, I was always asking my friends what they cooked for their little ones. I was on the lookout for any meal that was simple to cook, had little prep time and most importantly provided them with ample nutrition.


Over the course of several months, I have managed to find a "groove" when it comes to feeding them. Having been brought up in a south Asian family, a lot of my recipes are typical Indian dishes, while others are make-shift, experiment-as-you-go-along creations.


This blog page is a method for me to keep track and refer to my recipes, share them with other parents, and to discuss interesting food facts and dilemma's. Hope some of the ideas here work for you too.



                                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment